Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Missed Opportunities

You never know when you are going to have a missed opportunity to bring a small bit of joy to someone. The kind of joy that sneaks in and you don't even realize it at the time.

This weekend I was a vendor at the Monteagle Mtn Arts & Craft show......the show was a slow one for a lot of vendors - I'm so new to the craft show, my expectations are not high and I thought I was doing really good. Mom and I had a perfect shaded spot with a slight breeze most of the day, with some great vendors around us. There were some vendors though weren't so lucky and they packed up Saturday and did not attend on Sunday.




My craft is making tassels - and one thing you can always count on when you have a craft booth is meeting so many different people - I love to listen to the comments people make as they walk by or stop in to see what in the world a tassel is.




On Sunday, a lady came in with her daughter and said she loved my tassels - I thought oh yes, she gets it, she knows! We talked for a while about where to buy fringe, ribbon and finding those toppers. She said she had made one tassel, but needed some inspiration. I told her to look around and get all the inspiration she needed and get home and make herself a tassel! She bought the prettiest bluish/white bird with azure fringe and a big brown ribbon with blue piping.






Later that night, I got an email from my new lady friend who knew all about tassels, she said it was the first time in two weeks she's been out other than her chemo treatments and she has had 16 weeks of chemo so far. She was in a lot of pain when she got home but she said seeing my booth with all my beautiful tassels made her trip worthwhile. It was such a sweet email, it still makes me sad and happy all at the same time.

So, you just don't ever know when you are going to have an opportunity to meet someone and maybe make their day a little more bearable. I am so glad that I was at the right place at the right time to meet this incredibly strong & sweet women who was enjoying her day at the craft fair with her daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment