Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kitchen Cabinet - Friendly Neutrals

I want to paint my kitchen


I love my Apollo Gold (SW) walls 
but 
I want to go more neutral.



I have to tell you that I do love my kitchen
but 
I have always loved painted cabinets that have been distressed and glazed

 I just don't have the heart to paint these cabinets
So
maybe by changing the wall color
I can make these cabinets work
better for me 

While I was trying to find inspiration
I came across an article 
in Better Homes and Garden from a few years back
about no-fail neutrals for whatever state your kitchen is in

Here are some color choices that work with wood cabinets

Svelte Sage SW6164


You can pair standard-issue oak cabinets with soft green on the walls

courtesy of the garden web.com

Also you have Dusty Miller GLN38



I'm not sure where this picture came from,
but, walls in gray-blue are a made-in-heaven match for natural cabinets

And, Notre Dame 5006-1B by Valspar

courtesy of myperfectcolor.com

This gray goes with virtually any cabinet finish, it looks incredible with Walnut

Then you have Sandy Oasis DW14

courtesy of dutchboy.com

A pretty-not-so-white, this is the color to fall back on
when you can't make up your mind.


So, there you have it.
and 
because I just happen to have a painter
for a husband
I will be getting samples of all three
 so I can slap some up on the wall 
and make up my mind.

Okay, I know I am amongst friends who love color
So, I need to ask.....
Do you have any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment