Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Oakleaf Hydrangea....How I love Thee

You are such a Grand plant



You give me such joy while I am sitting on my front porch



  You delight me with cut blooms on the mantel in my guest bedroom





Oh, How I Love Thee


I also love that both of my guest bedrooms have a small fireplace 
 I can only imagine, so many years ago, getting warm at night by the fire as you were drifting off to sleep.



Some details on the mantel are:
A vase brought back from Thailand by my oldest Son,  A clay jug, made by someone in school, that my youngest Son found while digging in the yard of our old house, The ceiling tin I found on Ebay several years ago.


And,
This is, by far, one of my favorite pictures. 
 This is when my youngest Son played baseball (he is now 25) and my Husband was the coach, we were at an 8 year old All-Star game, this was taken right before a big game. 
I love that I can read each child's last name and the way they are all looking at their coach. 



Fresh cut blooms and memories - always make me smile

Linking up with
Wow us Wednesday


The Lettered Cottage  - Home May'd party

Thanks for stopping by!
 Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment