Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A letter from her Son

Looking through boxes at my Mom's house, I found an envelope from my Uncle to his Mother, at the time he was stationed at Fort Campbell in 1955. 


The letter inside to my Nan was long gone, but I loved his handwriting and to know how special this was to my Nan that she kept it all these years. 

I can just imagine how thrilled she was getting this in the mail knowing it was from her Son.


Both my Nan and my Uncle are no longer with us, my Uncle died shortly after this letter was written. 





I loved my Nan so much and I love seeing her name so I had the envelope enlarged at Wolfe Camera to a 18x18 and framed it.

Update:  When you have a letter like this enlarged, don't scan it to enlarge it - take a picture of the letter with your camera and then have that enlarged. This will keep the integrity of the original letter.


 Total cost was less than $20.00.

Now it proudly hangs in my living room and brings me joy everyday.

 I am linking up with Rhoda over at Southern Hospitality.
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Traci








No comments:

Post a Comment