Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sometimes, it's the little things

that make me smile



now, I really love to look
at a dresser or buffet
that has been made beautiful with paint and glaze
 
Or
a chair that has been beautifully transformed 
with a slipcover

But

sometimes...just a simple change that didn't take a lot of effort

has a huge impact 
on how I view my house,
a change that
 makes me want to paint and glaze and slipcover

Take a look at these brass handles on my closet doors 
these are on the left side of the wall right as you walk into my bedroom


 I really would love to have panel doors that open up  
instead of sliders
with 6 panels on each door

but

I don't

So, to make a low effort, low cost,
updated feeling to these doors


I spray painted these handles Oil Rubbed Bronze


I love this change


But, now
I noticed these doors are in need of a paint job!

What small changes can you make to you home
that are low cost, low effort but 
make you smile?

Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment