Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Updating a Classic

The story behind the dresser in our bedroom 
is that my Father in Law got it back in 1930 something

We've had this dresser for over 25 years
and my husband used it everyday when he was growing up

I'm sorry that I don't have a before picture 
but trust me when I say that it was in need of an update
but
A quality piece of furniture never goes out of style
A little paint and new hardware
can transform a classic piece of furniture



I had to really talk my Husband into letting me paint it 
of course, my favorite color,
Black



but I added these really pretty glass knobs that I found at Home Depot
that just sparkle when the sun comes into the bedroom



Now, this is and has always been my Husband's dresser
although, he does allow me to put some of my things on top of it 
I do not have anything in this dresser
And
He has a tray on top of the dresser for the items that come out of his pocket
which, he swears is going back in his pocket the next day
which, never seem to.......


This dresser is not perfect
one of the glass knobs will occasionally come loose
and it still has some dings in it


but it has been such a part of our home for so many years
that I truly cannot imagine us without it


It is our comfort dresser

How about you - do you have comfort furniture?

I am joining the fun over at Kim's Boring to Better Party

Thanks!
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment