Saturday, September 18, 2010

Front Porch Light Reveal

Whoo Hoo!!

I wanted to thank everyone who suggested here that I spray paint the front porch light black......

it looks one million times better!!


To keep from taking the light back down, I unscrewed the set screws that hold the light in the wall just enough to get the tape behind it, then added some newspaper so the spray would not get on the brick. 



 The trick to getting a good spray with no runs is to use nice even strokes and pull the trigger slightly before your stroke so the only paint that hits what your painting is the continuous spray

Don't start and stop the spray on what your painting. 

I hope I made sense.....

 So, here is a close up before of the tan(ish) color


And now......painted black to match the door.


A before shot of the very small....diminutive.....pint-sized light


And After with the much needed...humongous....whale of a light



So......I love it, and Thanks a million for helping me choose the light to paint instead of the door. 

It looks so much better! 

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and Thanks for stopping by,
Traci


No comments:

Post a Comment