Thursday, September 30, 2010

It Feels like Fall Y'all......and a little bit of Haint Blue for good measure

It finally feels like Fall in North Georgia, 
and I wanted to get some Fall decorating done, even if it is just a small bit.

 I have a side porch that I like to keep decorated for the Seasons, 
a big white gourd bought at Home Goods last Fall, 
some pumpkins & a red pear finish off the wicker table.


It has been a busy week.....
some of you know that I babysit my Granddaughter during the day,
so I am limited on my time to craft.
When I have craft shows every weekend, it makes it a bit busy, but I do enjoy it!! 

The craft show was great last weekend - sold almost everything so I have been super busy this week trying to make more tassels for this coming weekend, and trying to get a jump on next weekend.

But I couldn't let the Fall get by me without doing a little something........
so I added some red pears to an old Kraft cheese box with a few gourds laying around.


My Mom and her Husband bought a 100 acre farm about 20 years ago, 
they built their dream home and we moved into the old farmhouse that is original to the farm.

I love living next to my Mom - although, I can only see her rooftop if I go way out into the far right front yard. But I know that I can stroll up there anytime for a cup of coffee and she always has something sweet to eat! 

When we moved into the farmhouse, this side porch was a screened in porch with sliding glass doors leading in from the outside - needless to say, it really dated the house. 

So we removed the screen and replaced the columns, 
added porcelain tile right on top of the concrete floor. It made the house look so refreshed.


Painted the ceiling Haint Blue....it is mostly a Southern thing.
Haint Blue is meant to look like water and keep the Haints out of your house keeping you safe, 
cause you know, Haints can't cross water.



Haint Blue can also fake-out insects and birds too.  
The story is Haint Blue looks like endless sky to the little critters and deters them from making themselves at home on your exterior. 
 


  So, Happy Fall Ya'll and Thanks so much for stopping by. 

So please come on over and have some fun!


 Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment