Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Same; just better

I am in the process of moving my craft room downstairs and I need a table for my drill press,
which is currently disguised as a kitchen appliance. 


There are many jokes made about my cooking, 
so having a drill press on your kitchen counter doesn't help.


My Mother has a rental house that just became empty and they left this neat cabinet/hutch looking thing that would be perfect for my drill press.


Once I got it into the workshop,
I kinda liked the color of the green paint that it already had, 
but since I have been looking at lots of blogs lately,
  
I wanted to try something different. 

I thought Why Not? 
If I don't like it - I can just re-paint.


I got so excited about my project - I did not take any before pictures,
but I did stop and take some in-between pictures.  
You can see the cabinet drawer on the left has not been distressed.





Look at the difference a little sanding and glaze can do! 





I was truly amazed.



Another close up




It made all the details just stand out.




So a big Thank You to all my new blogging friends for letting me join in this wonderful world of blogging and showing me that a little sandpaper and glaze is indeed a good thing!

Thanks for stopping by, 
I hope you enjoyed looking at my same; but better cabinet!

Traci







No comments:

Post a Comment