Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Wimpy Fall Wreath made Beautiful


I have gotten some comments about my Fall wreath and I wanted to show everyone how easy it was to update by using a swag and orange ribbon.



I have used this same berry wreath (in the picture below) as my Fall decor on my front door for the last couple of years, and since I added my new front porch light here,
I wanted something different
You know, kinda like when you buy a new outfit you want the perfect pair of shoes........

So, I started pricing some wreaths and they were very expensive........way out of my price range.

On Friday, I was shopping at Trees N Trends and found that I could afford 1/2 of a wreath, or a swag as they are officially called. 

The swag was originally $19.99 and at 40% off was a really good buy, and then they send these nifty little coupons in your email for an additional 20% off. So I got 1/2 of a wreath for under $10.00!!

Here is the berry wreath - just hanging on the door looking kinda wimpy




And here it is with the swag added to the top, and the neat thing is that you can still see the berries underneath.

I just wrapped some wire around the swag to attach it, I also had some orange ribbon that I tied up in a big bow for the top.
I knew the bow would be crammed in the swag so it did not have to be perfect.


Yep, I really like it!!

I am linking up with:
Between Naps on the Porch for 88th Met Monday
and
Cottage Instincts for Make it 4 Monday



Thanks for stopping by, I sure hope you enjoyed it!
Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment