Monday, September 13, 2010

New Porch Light leads to changes, or Does it?

I will admit it, I am not crazy about my front porch - no character, slightly boring.

I tend to look at the big things to change - columns, cornice, side lights. 
That I don't notice so much the things that I can easily change. 

While I was reading an article in Southern Living, 
it listed common mistakes that homeowners make. 

One that caught my attention is having a front porch light that is too small.


It's seems funny that I have never noticed this before.......

but indeed, mine was too small.




I started looking around and found this light at Lowe's - during a sidewalk sale for $10.00


 


It was HUGE........I was so excited, I grabbed it up and headed home.
 When I opened the box, I found the porch light was a taupe color with distressed edges. 

I really liked the color but not sure that it would go with my door.



I am hoping this might look better once my fall wreath is up.

 

A before / after picture of the porch light

 

So, I need your help my newest....bestest.....blogging friends


Should I :

 Paint my front door? If so, what color....gray, taupe, red, white...Oh my!

Paint the porch light black to match the door?

Or does it look okay......and I need to leave it alone, already?


Thanks for stopping by and please let me know what you think, 
I would love to hear from you!
Thanks, Traci



No comments:

Post a Comment