Thursday, September 9, 2010

If it ain't broke......

And you break it anyway, you don't always have to fix it.

And, in my case,

It could not be fixed.


I bought two birds at Hobby Lobby, one yellow & one red. 
The cashier wrapped them both up snug and tight for their ride home. 

Then, when I was unwrapping......
the red bird smashed to the hardwood floor. 
One leg was broken off and the tail was half missing. 

Here is the yellow bird - with both legs and a perfect tail


After I held my breath for 10 seconds and had badword thoughts.....
I threw the red bird in the trash can.

A little later I was still thinking about this bird. 

Wondering if there was anything I could do with it. 

So I got it out of the trash can and broke off his other leg, and plopped him in a Pothos plant.


It perfectly hid his broken legs & tail. 

And added a much needed pop of color to this plant.
So although, I would have rather had my whole bird - legs & tail included, 

I still think it all worked out okay in the end.


Thanks for stopping by,

Traci


No comments:

Post a Comment