Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tablerunner turned shower curtain

Does anyone in your family take baths anymore? 
 
Have they gone out of style? 
 
During a recent bath remodel, 
 
we added a shower to our shower(less) bathroom.

 
We kept the old cast iron tub - which is super deep and in great shape.  

Before the remodel, the bathroom was very quaint with beadboard running from floor to ceiling wrapping all around the tub, (this was pre-blog so no pictures, sorry!) 
 
We knew this would have to be replaced with tile in the tub area, so we cut the beadboard out just around the tub and found the perfect tile at Home Depot.



The shower caddy came from Hobby Lobby. I love the black metal, it just fit the spot perfectly.



Also added another black metal piece from Hobby Lobby to store hair dryers, curling irons and brushes.


As you can tell, this is a very small bathroom - with no windows. That is one reason the pictures are not very good, the other reason is the photographer!
 
Anyway,
To add some height to this small bathroom, I wanted to hang the shower curtain higher,
 
but I wanted to use the shower curtain I already had which was your standard 72 X 72.
 
I cannot sew, so I knew I needed to find something that was already finished to add to the bottom of the shower curtain. I thought a valance would be great but never found one that would fit.
Then one day, I was looking at some items I had on my dining room table and the table runner was the perfect color I needed.
 
I got my tape measure and the table runner was - you guessed it........72 inches!
I used some heavy duty Heat n Bond I bought at Michael's to attach the table runner to the shower curtain. 



The fit was perfect and it added so much to this small bathroom.
 
It made the bathroom actually feel bigger by hanging the shower curtain higher.



I need to replace the shower rod and paint the wall cabinet, 
 
but for now this bathroom is back in style 
 
with it's very own shower.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by,
Traci
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment